Sunday, June 22, 2008

They were still good


I'm trying different types of shading. I've noticed that the first few months of practically any comic always comes off as the most experimental. It's like you just have no idea what's going on. Of course, at some point in time I shall find a method that I like. It's almost as if there is some mental block with me against using color. I always feel infinitely more comfortable using grayscale or monotone, yet since I was always forcing myself into color, I have absolutely no experience with grayscale. I think after about ten or so comics, I be able to settle. The reason I came up with the weird updating schedule of wednesday Saturday, is because I usually get out early from the town crier and on saturdays, I just kinda fell like it. I wasn't telling friends about the comic, because, to be frank, I wasn't sure that making sam email would actually work. Yesterday, however, drawing this comic was the last thing I was interested in doing, as the much enticing "Phoenix Wright" had unleashed it's femine wiles upon me. But, some how, an email that basically sent the message through my brain that someone depended on me was it's own special elixir. Nevertheless I feel very confident that I can keep a schedule up from now on.

1 comment:

s a m m e r z said...

Glad to be of help?

Grey scale is always fun. When I work on stuff like that I do it in color first then just switch it over from rgb to grey scale in PSE3. Tones are a bitch and a half. D<

Here's a good site for some good screentones if you ever decided to use them.

http://psychobob.xepher.net/screentonez/